Dr Paul J Skoll is a certified and registered plastic surgeon who graduated from the University of Cape Town (Medical School). His private practice offers a full spectrum of cosmetic surgery, as well as a range of “non-surgical” procedures such as Botox. Not only is Dr Skoll a member of the Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of South Africa, he has also been actively involved in the Red Cross Children’s Hospital’s Cleft Palate Unit since 2001.
1. How long have you been in practice?
Dr Paul J Skoll: since 1999
2. What is the most popular procedure you perform, and why do you think this is?
Dr Paul J Skoll: probably breast augmentation. Why? I guess quite a number of women want bigger boobs!
3. Has the profile of your patient changed over time?
Dr Paul J Skoll: Not really. Mostly women patients and I prefer it that way!
4. Have you seen a change in the general industry over the last few years?
Dr Paul J Skoll: not really
5. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Dr Paul J Skoll: being able to affect positive and lasting changes to a patient’s psyche, increasing confidence….look better….feel better (without the use of medication!) etc etc
6. Hobbies when you are not working?
Dr Paul J Skoll: family! (I am always working!)
7. What has your experience to date been with First Health Finance?
Dr Paul J Skoll: Mostly very good